Tuesday, October 23, 2007

The Real Deal

I've blogged recently about our "no-it's-not-just-a-phase" obsession with Robert Munsch.

Well, today we got up close and personal and saw the real, deal - the real Robert Munsch.

All week I've been talking about going to "see" Robert Munsch - we've lived and breathed Munsch. So you can imagine my surprise when Munsch walked out and their eyes got the size of saucers and they squealed "It's REALLY him. It's the REAL Robert Munsch!!"

What were they expecting?, ... a movie ABOUT Robert Munsch?, ... stories read by someone else?, ... a play with the characters from the books? Was I not clear when I said "We are going to see Robert Munsch".

I guess they couldn't even imagine that their lives would intersect with his life. He seems somewhat larger than life. And here they were physically in the same room with someone that to this point had only been pen, paper and occasionally a voice on a CD.
He was the real deal.
This is an ACTUAL photo I took - TODAY, the REAL THING!

I see now how important it is to put down the books and make the stuff we are learning tangible. To let our lives intersect with the "lives" of the stuff we are learning out. To make our education "the real deal".

How about our faith? How about the life of Jesus? How real is he in our lives? Is his life and his ministry just words in a book - or are there tangible ways that our lives intersect with his life? Have we met the Real Deal?

Just some rambling thoughts from a very tired mom.

1 comment:

Nancy B said...

Well, I don't check for a few days and look what happens!

Loved the updates/pics~ miss you!

Dawnelle

Me and G

Me and G