Wednesday, January 9, 2008
12 Minutes
I was watching a program on Discovery Channel the other night on the rising rates of childhood obesity. They focused part of their story on an elementary school that has been given award upon award for their excellence in Physical Education. The school is honored because they require all children to run for 12 minutes during PE class. Seemed like a great program until they mentioned that PE class is only ONCE A WEEK. The most highly honored school for Physical Education and still they only get 12 minutes of running a week. I'm harkening back to the olden' days as I remember that as a kid our school (which also still used a cow bell to mark the start of school, lunch and end of the day!) required us to run 1km a day.
I'm not knocking schools. They do what they can.
But I resolved to make sure that as a family we ran or had other cardio exercise at least 12 minutes A DAY.
Today marked the third day of that resolution.
Today they woke up and asked when they get to run.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Me and G

No comments:
Post a Comment