Sorry to have to do it - but I've made the blog private.
Here's the story:
Someone googled "Barrydale Crescent" and up popped my blog. They then proceeded to spend almost half an hour reading my blog (I know this because of the site meter). They followed up the reading of my blog with a comment that really hurt my feelings (basically, they said "get a job" and "housewives are useless"). No harm done - but I was under that assumption that my blog was not searchable.
Needless to say I freaked out.
The internet is awesome. We use it day in and day out. I teach with it. I cook with it. I connect with it. I communicate with it. I research with it. I find phone numbers with it. But, as I've discovered - there are drawbacks and privacy risks.
I will keep communicating.
I will just put some necessary parameters on it.
PS I did have the tab "keep this blog private" checked. Somehow it's still searchable.
1 comment:
hey robin...we've been through the same stuff with our blog. it's so frustrating...i can't stand all those ridiculous comments...i really enjoy your blog...how do you use the "sitemeter"?
Post a Comment