Somedays I wonder where my kids came from.
And then I remember the Funny Farm - seriously these kids are nuts, certifiably crazy some days.
We discovered a book called Window On The World that teaches the kids about children in other countries and encourages them to pray for those countries. It really is an eye opening, inspiring book. I noticed this morning that my kids were particularly fidgity while we attempted to engage in a 3 minute prayer. So I asked them why we fold our hands and close our eyes while we pray. Their response: "So that the prayer will come true." Not the response I was looking for. So we talked about focus and distractions and how closing our eyes and folding our hands keeps us from being distracted. They nodded in agreement. Ahh, such good little children.
"Or," stated Karis while crossing her legs, closing her eyes and holding her hands by her head in a meditative position (picture a Yoga-type stance), "We could do this and sing, 'Ummmmmmm, I've got a rock on my bum." This is not nearly as funny when I write is as when she did it - but it lead to complete hysterical laughter by all three kids, totally ruining any meditative or learning environment that I was going for.
The funny farm is the only explanation I have for it. They certainly could not have come from me or George - well, at least not from me.
1 comment:
I read this post to Robert and we were both cracking up! Your kids rock!!
Post a Comment