It's confession time. I'm a bad, bad wife. I did something horrible yet hopefully forgivable.
Earlier I noted that George had gone to Indiana for a conference for two days. A good time was had by all - he had a good conference, Justin had a good time with his Grandpa and the girls and I had a good "girls day". I've also noted in previous posts that since the beginning of our marriage George has done almost all the laundry. (Yes - he's a keeper.)
Well, Thursday morning I woke up to find that I had no good underwear left. The only undies hanging out in the back of my drawer were the kind that you don't really wear for a long time (wink-wink, nudge-nudge). I opened the laundry hamper and sure enough it was full. I begrudgingly put on the not really underwear undies and proceeded to do some laundry. Here's where the bad, bad wife takes over. My intentions were good. Do the laundry before he gets home. The result was horrible. I didn't look closely at what was in the laundry and ...
... I shrunk his favorite shirt.
His favorite shirt that is fitted yet long enough in the arms for his Neandrethal like limbs and long enough in the body to be left untucked. It was cool. WAS.
All I wanted was clean underwear.
I'm sorry.
OK - in the big picture of things it's not so horrible. But today I feel bad.
5 comments:
I have no idea what to say to this post...too many responses swimming around in my head!
I will just laugh and at least you won't hear me snorting...
I think you should post a picture of George in his shrunken shirt
LMAO! You are too funny. Btw, I am very impressed that it is George that does the laundry.
yes, definitely needs a pic of funny shirted George! lol.
that and very interesting pic put in mind of the naughtie undies! lol. MEOW!!! :D
hahahaha, that's awesome! I love the role reversal of the laundry mis-hap!
Post a Comment