I crashed. And burned.
It hit me last Friday when I was rushing from one activity to the next that I had eaten a banana and a sandwich IN THE CAR for both breakfast AND supper. The exact same meal for both. And both in the car. This was exactly the kind of lifestyle that I flee from. I like all three meals hot and on the kitchen table with my family.
Don't get me wrong, I filled my week with many, many wonderful, admirable and very fun things. It was a good week. There were very good moments in each day. BUT, I kind of forgot about one thing - ME. It sounds so self-centered when I put it in print and when I say it out loud. It certainly doesn't sound very "pastor's wife-y" does it (incidently that is another thing I flee from). The reality wasn't too pretty though - I didn't work out, I was out every night (again, for some very fun and noble activities),
So, I came home from church and after crashing for 2 and a half hours on the couch, I woke up Sunday afternoon and declared that here-after the second week of November is "the week of Robin". I will take care of my self. I will model healthy living for my family. I will relax. I will slow down. I will enjoy my days.
And you know what, it's worked. It's been a good week. I have slowed down. I can breathe easier. And I've eaten every meal at the table with my kids.
To top it off my dear husband came home with flowers and a new mug that has my favorite bible verse on it. He's a good man. Maybe we should make the second week of December "the week of George".

3 comments:
I am totally in favor of the week of George in early December. In fact, I think it would be a sin to not have the week of George and for you, Robin, to do everything George desires- he should pick the meals, movies, dates, and basically anything his heart desires!
Robin, I'm sorry I didn't send a card to commemorate this special week. CVS was fresh out of Robin Week cards -- darn! Anyway, I'm hoping you might accept a request for a post in the future (unless you've done one already) on your decision to be a SAHM. Was it all about Titus 2, a combination of needs versus desires...I'd really love to hear more as this is a decision our family will need to make in the not-so-distant future, and one we'll need to stand by in the face of a LOT of judgment either way. Thank you so much. Blessings.
I love that mug! :) Glad you enjoyed your week of Robin :)
Post a Comment