A year and a half ago the father of one of Eden's close friends was diagnosed with cancer. It's been a long year and a half for the family. On Friday he passed away. Today we hung out with the family at the visitation. And tomorrow we will attend the funeral.
But, this is hardly the end of the road. I am shocked at the maturity and compassion that shines through the girls as they walk with their friend. I pray for the days ahead. It pains me to see little girls dealing with the gross, hard stuff of life. It breaks my heart to hear Eden say over-and-over, "She had only 9 years with her dad." I've had a permanent lump in my throat and tear in my eye. I pray for wisdom. I pray for compassion. I pray for genuine love. I pray for a peace that passes all understanding.
1 comment:
WOW. I don't really know what to say other than wow...thanks for sharing such a sad and yet thought provoking post.
Post a Comment