Saturday, January 31, 2009

Embrace the Mayhem



At the beginning of the week as we prepared for 20 adults and 8 children to decend on our home from "not-so-small" group I boldly stated:
"We're just going to have to embrace the mayhem!"
It looks like the mayhem lasted longer than that one night.
It's been a busy week but tomorrow at 1:45pm I'll be on a flight to Banff, Alberta and it will all be worth it.

As I sit here in a house that's a wreck, piles of laundry to do, bags to back, school work to plan, phone calls to make and packages to drop off - I just need to breathe.
It's all good.
These are choices I made/make.
I really am enjoying my life.
I really am thankful for a break.

Here are a few of the things that filled our week:
1) Connection Group
2) Skiing at Blue Mountain with homeschool group
3) Pastoral Advisory Team Mtg
4) Show week at Justin's Gymnastics
5) Eden's enrollment celebration for Girl Guides
* note: # 3, 4, and 5 all happened at the exact same time!
6) Baby Jonas (my new nephew) makes an early arrival
7) My mom and Eden catch a plane to Calgary to see the new baby, Karis knits a hat for the baby!

8) Snow storm - didn't stop us, just made everything take longer
9) Gymnastics
10) First Mom's group meeting for Connections
11) Piano
12) Brownies
13) Many cups of coffee with friends
14) HIGH Day (homeschool co-op) starts up again - I'm teaching a scrapbooking class
15) Dinner Club at our house - Pre-Steeler's win Superbowl Theme
16) Clean, Pack, Pre-pare for worship, try to find a ride to the airport, plan lessons for Dad to teach the kids next week
and ... BREATHE.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mommy Check out my blog!

Anonymous said...

HEY MOMMY CHECK OUT MY BLOG!

Me and G

Me and G