
I received my first "love note" from Justin this week.
It may not look like much to you, but to me it means the world.
It means I am loved.
It means that he is learning to express love (in ways other than teasing, joking, and wrestling).
It may not look like much to you, but to me it means the world.
It means I am loved.
It means that he is learning to express love (in ways other than teasing, joking, and wrestling).
It means that he is trying to learn to read and write.
It means that he is begining to learn my love language(s).
It means that he is begining to learn my love language(s).
It means that my baby is growing up.
For those unfamiliar with 4 year old linguistics here's a translation:
For those unfamiliar with 4 year old linguistics here's a translation:
"i" = I
"L" = love
"m" = momm
"E" = y (as in momm ee)
And, as always - the timing of this love note was impecable. It came on the heels of self-esteem crushing moment with my "Mii" and my daughter. Long story short - we got a Wii (thanks Gram!). I was setting up my Mii character (you can make your character look like an animated you). I had a pretty cute Mii that closely resembled me (or so I thought). Karis walks in the room and states loudly and with confidence, "Mom, that doesn't look anything like you - you are fatter than that, you have more freckles, and your teeth are browner." Crushed! Who hired her for fashion police?
And, as always - the timing of this love note was impecable. It came on the heels of self-esteem crushing moment with my "Mii" and my daughter. Long story short - we got a Wii (thanks Gram!). I was setting up my Mii character (you can make your character look like an animated you). I had a pretty cute Mii that closely resembled me (or so I thought). Karis walks in the room and states loudly and with confidence, "Mom, that doesn't look anything like you - you are fatter than that, you have more freckles, and your teeth are browner." Crushed! Who hired her for fashion police?
Yes I am loved. And yes, my self esteem is still in tact.
No comments:
Post a Comment