Saturday, February 21, 2009

A Friend In Deed


I had to take a break from the packing & cleaning to say THANKS to a dear friend. When my friend Bethany heard of our recent loss her immediate response was, "Well then I'm bringing you dinner Saturday night."

Of course I refused. I'm stubborn that way. No one brings us dinner - we bring dinner to others. Right??
I paused. I realized how wrong I was. I realized that it's OK to stop - to allow myself to quit trying so hard - to be in the moment - and to grieve with my family. It's OK to accept help. Phew, that wasn't an easy lesson to learn. And something tells me that I've learned that lesson before and that I'll probably learn that lesson again.
Thankfully Bethany is equally stubborn as I and she insisted on bringing dinner.
The thing is - she didn't just bring dinner, she brought dinner, salad, dessert, and even snacks for the car ride. It was amazing! I could get used to this!

And another shout-out needs to go to my neighbours without whom I'd be lost. (Sorry, this is beginning to sound like an Oscar acceptance speech. I'll keep it short.) Jenn and Mike for watching Justin last night when we went out. Megan and Paul for the oatmeal cookies and for letting Justin crash at your place this morning.

It's times like this when I am so thankful that I don't live in a bubble. That my "love tank" is so full - overflowing as a matter of fact. Thanks.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Mrs. Breum said...

Yay for Bethany, she is awesome. :)

Me and G

Me and G