Sunday, August 16, 2009

Leave of Absence

The sun is finally shining in Southern Ontario so I've opted for bathing suits and flip-flops over the basement and computers and have therefore taken a short leave of absence from the world of blogging. I hope you excuse my absence.

Here is a short photo essay on the reason for my absence.
1) Fun Fest 2009 - this is the third year that Connections has been involved in the North West London community Fun Fest. True to it's name - it was fun!

2) Hangin' with our Peeps. Can I just say how much I love "backdoor friends" ... friends who come through the backdoor, sit at the counter and chat while I cook or fuss in my kitchen. As much as I complain about our tiny yard I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE our neighbors. It makes up for a multitude of grievences I have about the yard. Plus they share their ice-cream. And who doesn't love shared ice-cream?

3) Long lost soul mates return. We enjoyed a wonderful visit with the Chez family from Philly. It's amazing how little time it takes to reconnect. True friends.

4) Family Reunion - celebrating 40 years of marriage for mom and dad the Tigchelaars reunited and spent a wonderful week at Blue Mountain. We did it all. We ate fine meals. We hot tubbed. We canoed, fished and kayaked. We climbed rocks and crawled in caves. We biked. We shopped. We read. We talked. We loved. Good times.


5) Diapers. Lots and lots of diapers. Long story short Connections in conjunction with Kimberly-Clarke paper products has been given the privilege of distributing thousands of boxes of diapers to agencies and individuals in the London area who need them. I can't tell you how blessed I have been to be a part of this outreach. Truly amazing.
There you have it - a multi-media excuse note to explain my absence. I plan to chill a little this coming week. The kids have swimming lessons and camp. I have piles of work to do, a house to clean, a good book to read and the sun promises to keep shining. The work may wait. The book and the sun seem like a good pair. Soak it in while you've got it - that's what we Northerners need to do.

No comments:

Me and G

Me and G