Saturday, September 12, 2009

Enjoying a Moment

Five year old boys are rarely still.
My five year old boy is no exception.
So the other morning I rose before anyone in the house, made a coffee, grabbed a book and sprawled out on the couch for a little quiet time. No sooner had I settled down than I heard the sound of little feet coming down the stairs. I thought my quiet was over. Around the corner came my afore mentioned five year old boy - unusually quiet, unusually calm. Without a word he crawled up on top of me, layed down and snuggled me.
Ahhh ... the good life. Soaking it in while I've got it.
Moments later more commotion from upstairs this time from my BIG boy, "Honey, can you grab ... (not even sure what he really wanted) ...?"
Not wanting my snuggles to end I replied, "Just a minute, I'm enjoying a moment with my son."
Quick as a wink Justin pipes in, "That's ok mom, I'm about to enjoy a moment with the TV."
It didn't last long - that's for sure. But when I get those moments I never want them to end - ever. I have no shame - I'm tying my kids to my apron strings for a good long time!
Incidentally Justin never did enjoy that moment with the TV - I needed to remind him that he was still dealing with the consequences of actions from the previous day and was therefore banned from the TV for the day.

No comments:

Me and G

Me and G