Busy week ahead of us. The menu is really simple.
Monday
Rainbow Trout, Broccoli and Perogies
I doubted the pairing of perogies and trout, but George claims that perogies go with everything and anything. Plus they are cheap and so easy (4 minutes!).
Tuesday
Pot Roast, Carrots, Potatoes and Onions
Another PW recipe. In the dutch oven. Slow cooked all day. Extreme ease.
Wednesday
Spaghetti & Meatballs with Salad
Frozen meatballs ... I told you it was easy street this week!
Thursday
Crockpot Beef and Bean Dinner with Cornbread
Thanks to Leslie Johnson for introducing me to this one when we had our Tuesday casserole club! Love it. Recipes are on the side-bar.
Friday
Chicken Stir Fry
AKA - clean out the vegetable crisper!
Saturday
Chicken Taco Salad
See the recipe on the side bar for Taco Seasoning. It is SO good and so much cheaper than the little packets of seasoning at the grocery story. I make a huge batch at a time (quadruple the recipe - or more!).
Sunday
Left-overs
Notes:
Rainbow trout is on sale at Metro this week as is lean ground beef - therefore I shopped at Metro. Simple - find which grocery store has the meat you want on sale. Plan your menu around that meat and plan your grocery shopping around what else that store has on sale. If you pick the recipe then do the grocery shopping you end up paying a lot more. Find the deal then plan your menu around it. DON'T SHOP AROUND - you don't have time. Pick one grocery store for the week. I may go to a different one next week, but this week it's Metro.
I froze a package of boneless, skinless chicken breast when they were on sale last week. I will use them Friday and Saturday. I'll cook it all up on Friday. I'll use some for the stir-fry and then use the rest the next night for the taco chicken salad.
Lunch ideas:
Mac and Cheese (on sale at Metro)
Tuna Melts
French Toast
Wraps
Oh - and as a bonus I added a link to the Starbucks Pumpkin Scones recipe. It is AMAZING! And so easy that Eden made them ALL by herself yesterday. You won't be disappointed!
1 comment:
what is a PW recipe?
Post a Comment