Anyone else glued to the TV news today?
Trying to get bits and pieces of things done while your heart is in Chile?
A little blurry eyed as you see the miners emerge and reunite with their friends and family?
I'm right with you.

Billions of people around the world are doing the same thing ... watching, waiting, praying, praising. Billions! When he heard the word BILLIONS George said, "I'm sure every business man in the world wishes his logo was on that rescue capsule ... advertising to billions!"
Stick with me here, cause I need to take a minute and preach it up.
Come on, you can say it out loud, "Preach it sister! Preach it!"
So, no business man had the forsight (or the tactlessness) to get his logo on the capsule. But as I see it there IS advertising ALL OVER this story.
Did you catch the name of the rescue worker? MANUEL
Manuel ... does that ring a bell?
Do you know what Manuel means? Literally it means, "God with us".
Manuel - he's the rescue worker who got in that capsule and went DOWN to be with the trapped miners. Yep, he went down. He risked it all. He went down into the mine to rescue those men who have been trapped for the past 69 days. As a matter of fact, he's still down there. The plan is that he will be the last one to come out. Let's just say that if he were my husband we would have a serious conversation about the sanity of this move ...
If you're at all familiar with the Bible you know where I'm going with this. God's got his advertising all over this story. It's a modern day, real life analogy of Jesus leaving heaven to become "God with us". He came down to rescue us. He is WITH US. He risked it all to save us. He's pulling us out of darkness into light.
This gets me so excited. I could keep going and going.
But I won't.
The TV is still on ...
The story continues.
I can't wait to see how God uses this for His glory - to tell His story.
More to come on this I'm sure.
Stay tuned.
ps I don't usually have music on my blog, but this song just fits. Enjoy!
4 comments:
yeah! have you seen their T-shirts? Jesus on the sleeves, Praise the Lord on the front. scroll through these:
http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2010/10/rescued_from_a_chilean_mine.html
wonderful post- I am going to repost on my blog.
Awesome. With God all things are possible.
The story of the miners t-shirts
http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2010/10/14/the-story-behind-the-chilean-miners-jesus-t-shirts/
Post a Comment