Thursday, March 31, 2011

My Barbarian

One hour a week I see my husband at his emotional best.
Sunday morning 10am.
Almost every Sunday morning he gets teary.
The rest of the week he's not so vulnerable and the walls go up.

He keeps threatening to write a book entitled, "Everything I Need To Know About Life I Learned From Conan the Barbarian".

Yep.  He's serious.
Everything he needs to know he learned from Conan.

Mongol General: What is best in life? 
Conan: To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.
Conan: What is the riddle of the steel?

Doom: Steel isn't strong, boy. Flesh is stronger. Look around you.
To be honest, I don't get it.
Sorry hon, I don't think the book will make the NY Best Seller List.  Heck, it won't even make the Toronto Best Seller List!

But here's a Conan quote I get.
George quoted it yesterday on his facebook page when he linked to a post on my blog.
In the movie "Conan the Barbarian" there is a scene where Conan's woman is killed. At the funeral fire Conan's side kick is crying. The sorcerer asks why he is crying, and not Conan. He says,
"He is a barbarian.
He does not cry, so I cry for him." 
I am a barbarian.
Robin is my side kick.
Her words are my tears.
He's not crying much with this loss.  I guess he really is part barbarian, in which case I'll gladly be his side-kick.

I cry for him.

And come Sunday morning, I'll cry with him.

No comments:

Me and G

Me and G