Monday, April 11, 2011

May The Force Be With You


My son borrowed a Star Wars wii game from a friend today.
In the van on the way home from the playdate I overhear this conversation:

J: I finally figured out how to use the Force.
K: What's the Force?
J: I don't really know WHAT the Force IS, but I do know what the Force DOES.

Hmmm ....
I light of yesterday's message on the work of the Holy Spirit, I was beginning to think that they were talking about the Holy Spirit and not Star Wars.  We can't always describe what the Holy Spirit IS, but we sure can see what the Holy Spirit does.

He's playing the game right now.  Figuring out how to use the Force.  Learning what the Force does.  Trying to "win" the game with the power of the Force.  He's glad he finally figured out how to use the Force - without it he had no chance in the game.

My prayer today is that the FORCE be with you.
And I'm not talking about Star Wars ... may we walk today in the power of the Holy Spirit.

No comments:

Me and G

Me and G