I write this as a kind of confession, with the hope that those who have found themselves in a similar boat will know that they are not alone.
It has been one of those days.
A day filled with more do-overs than memory-makers.
Whining, complaining, fighting, spit balls (yes, even home schoolers shoot spit balls), etc.
And then came the straw that broke this camel's back.
Ironically it was a literal straw that broke me, but the details to this story are meaningless.
I broke.
A little incident.
And I broke.
Like the proverbial fly on the wall I heard myself say,
"OK, who did this? Who?"
One little blondie timidly raised her hand and quietly said, "Me."
I didn't know I had it in me, but I responded angrily with these words,
"Well, put this on your list of 'Stupid things to never do again.'"
With disbelief she said, "I don't have a list like that."
And I wasn't done, I followed up with, "Well you should. So start one."
I confess, it was not my finest moment.
So when dinner came around we gathered somewhat sullenly. But we began with prayer and our prayers recognized our need to forgive and be forgiven. We acknowledged our desperate need for grace. We spoke words of repentance and forgiveness to one another. We forgave.
And now the day is over.
A new day begins tomorrow.
Praise God. I am so thankful for a fresh start.
After today, I think I have a few more things to add to my list of "Stupid things to never do again".

1 comment:
THANK YOU for writing so honestly Robin. DON'T EVER STOP! thank you thank you thank you. I suddenly feel less alone and less guilt!
Post a Comment