Blink and a moment passes.
I blinked and suddenly my baby is 7.
Right now, right this moment he is at his most precious.
Old enough to be independent but young enough to be intimate.
Young enough to want to be held.
Young enough to sit on my lap during Bible stories - every night.
Young enough to start my day with a hug (a long, drawn out hug) every morning.
But I blink and he slips away.
Jumping, biking, running, swimming, climbing.
I try to capture the moment - remember this time.
He's fast.
But the shutter on my Nikon is faster.
And there we have it.
In all his 7 year old preciousness.
A blink of my shutter, the moment passes, and the moment is saved.
And he's off.
I'd keep him 7 forever - but I have a sneaky feeling that I might love 8 just as much as I love 7.
In all his 7 year old preciousness.
A blink of my shutter, the moment passes, and the moment is saved.
And he's off.
I'd keep him 7 forever - but I have a sneaky feeling that I might love 8 just as much as I love 7.




No comments:
Post a Comment