Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Ridiculously Random

And now for something completely random, here are a few photos, quips and quotes from my world:


On our way home from adventures in garage sales wearing my 25 cent goggles.  Finds of the day include free aprons diagramming the anatomy of a frog, a garbage bag full of brand new Tupperware for 50 cents, and a vintage panini press for a buck.  My mom got a "Greatest Grandmother Medal" but we never found "a chest to pin it on"!  


Amazing fun times at the annual Connections church picnic.  I get all nostalgic and think that every Sunday afternoon should be spent eating a leisurely lunch on a blanket with my friends while the kids blow bubbles and jump in sack races.

Quotes of the day:

"Mom, can I get Twitter?"
(Really??)

"Mom, do most people in the world know a 'George'?"

"Mom.  Mom. Mooooom."
"I'm in the bathroom.  I think you have a sixth sense to need me the moment I step in the bathroom."
"Or maybe you have a sixth sense to step in the bathroom the moment I need you."
Both: hmmmm....

"You know, last night I dipped my chicken nuggets in mustard sauce."
"We didn't have chicken nuggets for dinner last night."
"Oh, that's right.  After our dinner I went and had dinner at Morleigh's."
"Ahh... so that's how it is.  Progressive dinner in the neighbourhood.  What a life!"



June has hit with it's flurry of activities.
Soccer four days a week.
Homeschool Original Kids Theatre production begins dress rehearsals this week followed by six performances in the last two weeks of June.
And school is winding down.  Eight days to go!
These last few days are full of finishing math books, final projects, and field trips.
Today Eden enjoyed a day of bridge building at the University School of Engineering with other homeschoolers.



In the midst of it all we ask you to pray fervently for Dan and Nicole Hoftyzer.  Their baby, Andrew, was born by emergency c-section on Saturday night.  He was without oxygen for a time and lost most of his blood.  They will be doing a series of tests Wednesday to find out the extent of the damage (if any) to his organs and brain.  Pray for peace.  Pray for understanding.  Pray for healing.  Just pray.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I have a friend in London who posted on Facebook all the festivals this summer there.

I thought you might like this for your own information.

Debbie.


Ok here they are, all the upcoming festivals!!!

Fiesta London! Mexican Festival: June 12, 2011 at Covent Garden Market

Car Free Festival: June 18 - 19, 2011 on Dundas St from Rideout to Wellington

OPA! Outdoor Greek Festival: June 24 - 26, 2011 at Hellenic Community Center

International Food Festival: June 24 - 26, 2011 at Victoria Park

2011 WienerFest: June 25, 2011 at Lions River Park (this is a weiner dog festival lol, I probably won't attend as I don't have a weiner dog)

Caliente Festival Hispano: July 2 - 3, 2011 at Victoria Park

TD Canada Trust Sunfest 2011: July 7 - 10, 2011 at Victoria Park

Home County Folk Festival: July 15 - 17, 2011 at Victoria Park

Bluesfest London: July 15 - 17, 2011 at Northwest corner of Clarence and King St

London Rib Fest: July 28 - August 1, 2011 at Victoria Park

Festa Italiana: August 26 - 28, 2011 at Covent Garden Market

Fall Fest: September 2 - 5, 2011 at Victoria Park

Me and G

Me and G