Monday, June 13, 2011

Trust

As we walk through this trial with Dan and Nicole I am at a loss for words.
Single syllables are all I come up with.
Trust.
Love.
Know.
God.
Peace.

I speak with images.
This image.
The image of the most vulnerable of hands holding the strong, hard working hand of his Grandfather.

Andrew holding the hand of his Grandfather

I'm a child of the 70s and without thinking I start humming this song as I fix my eyes on the image:

"Put your hand in the hand 
of the man who stilled the water,
Put your hand in the hand 
of the man who calmed the sea."

Do we trust enough to put our hand, our trust, our whole selves in the hand of the man who stilled the water, the man from Galilee, Jesus?

Can we read this passage and believe it?
I mean really believe it.  Be still.  God is with us.

God is our refuge and strength,
an ever-present help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way
and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,
though its waters roar and foam
and the mountains quake with their surging.
He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth.”
The LORD Almighty is with us;
the God of Jacob is our fortress.
Psalm 46
Do we believe in miracles?

Hanging at the entrance to NICU.

I do.
Still praying for Andrew.
Still praying for Dan and Nicole.
Still trusting.
Still reaching out to put my hand in the hand of the man who calms the sea.

2 comments:

jules said...

beautiful..i looked at that nicu sign many times while there with josie

Jitka said...

Family Hope Center in Philadelphia works with children with brain damage.( familyhopecenter.org) Severe brain damage is not a life sentence, it can be reversed. I know of a baby who received a similar diagnosis at birth and currently is a bright boy that can see, play with other kids and attends a regular school.

Me and G

Me and G