Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Frozen Fish

According to popular grocery shopping folklore, frozen fish is more fresh than fresh fish.  Now, before you go sending this factoid on to Mythbusters to prove it's truthiness, just trust me and move on, it's not my main point.

Back to the point at hand, frozen fish is fresher.  For me and my landlocked neighbours, fish that is frozen immediately after being caught tastes fresher than fish that is kept unfrozen while en route from ocean to boat to middle-man to grocery store to frying pan.  

So, that's where I've been.
Frozen.
But I'm back.
Thawed out.
Fresher than ever!

Consider it a test in cryogenic sleep. 

I could go into a long in depth explanation of where I've been, but I'm afraid it will get a little too up-close and personal, and soon someone will cry "TMI".  
In brief, after the fire we were on a two month adrenaline rush.  
Then came the crash.  The fire quite literally stole my spark. 
A few times I sat to write, but I had nothing.

Last month we took a much needed holiday ("holy-days") to visit my in-laws in Naples, FL.  The combination of sun, escape, sleep, reading and romantic walks on the beach melted my frozen soul.

If it sounds like I'm taking some poetic licence here, believe me, I'm not.  The holiday was the remedy.
We came back to a new ministry centre, a fresh vision, and hope.

Frozen was OK for a time - it kept me from rotting and stinking.  But I couldn't stay there.  So here I am thawed out and ready for the next adventure.

Me: June 2011 - November 2011 *

Me: December 2011
*Special prize to the first person to correctly identify the movie my frozen feline friend is from.

2 comments:

Kate H. said...

Stuart Little?!?

Cindy said...

Christmas with the Kranks :)

Me and G

Me and G