Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Book Review: Simpe Secrets to A Happy Life

Simply a beautiful book.
I was drawn in by the cover art.
Woo-ed by the author.
Intrigued by the index.




If ever there was a book that I wanted to buy multiple copies of and hand out to every person who walks in my door, this is that book.  Luci Swindoll goes back to her roots.  She remembers the words of her mother.  She takes 50 truths that she was taught and writes them each in a five word statement beginning with a verb: honor, value, write, forgive, invite etc.  These truths are simple guides to living a happy life.  A happy life, not a simple life, a happy life.  


It is simple.  So simple that some might blow it off as common sense - don't be fooled, it's not that simple.  In twenty years of ministry I can tell you that everyone I've met would benefit from reading her 50 simple secrets.  


To live a less complicated life listen to what she has to say: "Think before you say it; Be on time for everything; Keep your word every time; Allow yourself to be sad; Do all your homework first."   
Simple wisdom from a woman with 80 years of living under her belt.  Trust her. 


Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com <http://BookSneeze®.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

No comments:

Me and G

Me and G