Really, I'm not complaining, I'm just noting the "difference a day makes". I do have to admit though that coming home to a cold, blustery snow storm was a bit of a shock to the system. It is good to be home - all our "toys" seem new again, our friends are eagerly waiting to play, and the answering machine was full of messages about things to do and people to see! We are so blessed.
Things I learned this week:
1) Kids have an incredible ability to make lemonaid out of lemons - even though it wasn't a "perfect" trip, it was full of memories (really good ones) and lots of fun!
2) Target rocks!! (I already knew this - was reminded of it once again - did you know that you can now get Starbucks and Cinnabon at Target - I swear I could live in Target - when will they get one in Canada?).
3) No matter where you are someone has it "better" than you (ex. couple on the plane with 2 sleeping children).
4) No matter where you are someone has it "worse" than you (ex. couple on the plane with twins around 1yr/old and another kid around 3 yrs/old ... all crying for 3 hours straight!).
5) What you think couldn't possibly get any better, can get better - last night the sun set was incredible, then as it started to get dark we noticed that above the setting sun we could see Venus, and above Venus was an amazing crescent moon ... truelly, one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen!
6) God is good! (This too, I already knew but was reminded of it once again).
7) I am SO thankful for our families ... thanks Mom and Dad Saylor for a great week, thanks Mom and Dad Tigchelaar for shoveling our driveway and bringing us dinner!


2 comments:
Glad you had fun- love the pic- and glad you're back! Had a great time with the girls today.
Love, D
so sweet. wish we could have been at the conference too! much love to you. --ck
Post a Comment