Tonight as I was looking at the weather forecast I was getting a little discouraged, not the greatest outlook for the next few days, the current weather was cool, it was getting dark, and it looked like rain was on the way. Not encouraging! Next thing I knew Eden and Karis were in their swimsuits begging to go out to the pool (7pm mind you!). I tried to reason with the girls that it's not really swimming weather, to which Eden emphatically replied, "Come on Mom, it's February, we're in Florida, get in the pool!" Needless to say all the neighbors were staring out the window at the crazy Canadians swimming on a chilly night! It did make me realize how often I take the low road by complaining about things out of my control and letting those things get me down. Instead I should be more like the kids and live life "in the moment", thoroughly enjoying what God has brought me to at that moment. So, here's to the moment - not sure what the next moments will bring, but I trust that my family loves me, my friends are faithful, and God is God.
PS Please keep George's Pap in your prayers, he is in the hospital and not doing well at all. We will keep you updated.
2 comments:
Hi Robin,
Finally figured out how to respond to you on your blog!
Love that you are a crazy Canadian and that your kids can coax you to be a kid again!
How shall we pray for Pap? Does he want to go "home"? Is everyone ready for him to go "home"?
Love mom
Glad you're having fun, Robin. You missed some coooold weather here. 65 sounds hot in comparison.
See you when you get back! Tell Eden everyone loved her Valentines and she has a bag filled with Valentines waiting for her!
Your snow-covered friend,
Dawnelle
Post a Comment