Today was one of those days.
I found on the internet a recipe for He's Alive Buns. The idea is that as you are teaching about Jesus being wrapped in burial clothes and put in a grave, you take a marshmellow and wrap it (tightly) with a crescent roll (the really bad for you Pillsbury kind). Then you talk about the spices that were used in their burial custom, and as you do so you have the kids dip the marshmellow/rolls in cinnamon sugar (I skipped the butter that the recipe calls for!). You bake the rolls for 10 minutes (patiently waiting and watching!). And, believe it or not, when you take them out of the oven the marshmellows have melted away and the rolls look like an empty grave. So cool!
Our memory verse this week is Matthew 28:5&6 which says:
"Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified.
He is not here; he has risen, just as he said."
1 comment:
Very cool idea. Thanks for sharing!
:)
Post a Comment