You know the song:
Make new friends, but keep the old. One is silver and the other gold.
We are coming up on our one year anniversary of moving to London and I need to admit that I've been somewhat emotional the last couple of days. Leaving Lenoir was very difficult, we had made some very good friends and felt very settled and comfortable in NC - it was not easy to leave. But, God has been SO good to us - we have friends!, we have an awesome neighborhood!, our home school co-op is amazing, our church/faith community is growing, we have dinner clubs, cooking clubs and book clubs, and our kids feel at home in Canada!
For those of you who are SILVER friends - thank you for loving us, for welcoming us, for making room in your circles for us. For those of you who are GOLD friends, we love you and miss you dearly, - please write us or call us!
I've also been more "teary" than usual this week as our dear friends the Breum's are moving back to Oregon. We are definately "kindred spirits" and it doesn't seem to make sense that they would move. Eden and Madison have become "best friends" (they even claim that they look like sisters!), and I've noticed that Eden has been very moody this week - I need to be patient with her as she deals with this loss. Dawnelle and kids - you will always have a special place in our hearts! (Have you checked out her blog?)
2 comments:
boo-hoo!
And we are sooooooo thankful that you guys moved here!
Jenn
Post a Comment