Thursday, May 24, 2007

Quips and Quotes

Seems like lately everything around me is "blog worthy" - problem is, I haven't taken the time to sit down and write. So here are some pics, some quips, and some quotes that sum up the last couple weeks.

Dr. Jeckle and Mr. Hyde a.k.a. Justin
the scene: out front with all the neighborhood kids ready to bike to the candy store

the situation: Justin won't wear his helmet

the result: Justin can't go to the candy store

Justin's reaction:

"Then I'm just going to sit here."

pause

"And throw rocks."

pause

"At your car."

pause

"BIG ONES."

My reaction: "Who is this kid? Here's your blankie, here's your pacifier, now get in time out."

the time: 4:15pm

the result: Justin falls asleep and wakes up the NEXT morning at 7:30am a whole new kid!

my conclusion: there's nothing a good sleep can't cure!


I'm A Soccer Mom!
It's a not so elite group that I am proud to say I'm a part of.

Our new church is sponsoring both Eden and Karis' teams .... great advertising! And George coaches Eden's team (in his words, he's a 'parrot' coach - he merely repeats what the other coach says but in an emphatic way and it sounds good!).





Our House is a Home!


We celebrated Victoria Day with about 30 adults and 15 kids running around our house and yard! It is so amazing to think that a year ago we didn't know ANYone in London.


I have always wanted my home to be a place where people want to be ... so when the doorbell rang during our party I was thrilled to see a little boy from down the street who stood nervously at door and then shly looked up and said: "Ummm ... I .... I just want to BE here!" We welcomed him with open arms.


Home School Happenings

We're studying BUGS this month!!


So together we wrote a song to remember the parts of an insect. Sing along if you like (the the tune of Head and Shoulders):

Head and Thorax, Ab -do-men, Ab-do-men, Ab-do-men. Head and Thorax, Ab-do-men, six legs and some wings!

2 comments:

jules said...

love the justin story!!!!

Anonymous said...

I concur - there is nothing a good sleep can't cure - even as adults a fresh new morning brings a whole new perspective - sleep is definitely a HUGE gift from God!!

Heather

Me and G

Me and G