Monday, July 16, 2007

Something's Going on in There

Growth
... it's a sign that SOMETHING is going on in there.

Yesterday was an awesome day! In the morning the worship band for the new church (Connections Community Church) had the opportunity to play for a worship service at a local church where George was preaching - it was amazing, what a blessing! Then in the evening we had a picnic dinner, a time of worship and a "planning" meeting with those involved with the launch of Connections ... daily we are struck with the goodness of God, the people he brings our ways, the prayers he answers (sometimes before we ask them!). Last night was no exception, we are blessed with an incredible faith community!





We are growing - it's a sign that SOMETHING is going on in there! And it's a good thing.


Sometimes though ... growth is a sign that SOMETHING is going on in there and it is NOT a good thing.

Case being - MY KNEE. (Sorry, no church growth wisdom here, just connecting two seemingly random parts of my life!). For some unknown reason my knee that had a torn meniscus repaired five years ago started swelling a few days ago. I don't know why, not really sure where the pain is, but it is definitely swollen, it is definitely hard to walk, it's slowing me down. So - my connection is this - there is growth (swelling), it is a sign that something is going on inside my knee, and it is NOT a good thing. I will be seeing a doctor this week.

(nice legs, eh?)

OK ... to continue the randomness but with no significant connection, this is the scene I walked into in the backyard this afternoon. Four kids in underpants on the trampoline, one on the ground (in underpants) with a hose, and a whole lot of laughter! Oh the innocence of youth!

(By the way, for those trampoline skeptics out there I did NOT injure my knee on the trampoline!!! The closest I get to the trampoline is with my Nikon zoom lens!)

2 comments:

jules said...

hilarious pic!
hope your knee is feeling better!!

chrissie k said...

Hey -- we celebrate with the good news of healthy church plants!!!! WA OOO! Love you sister... I was just talking with a woman who attends our church and we talked about the lack of CRC in Pittsburgh. I thought of you guys a lot during that conversation. I love you.

Me and G

Me and G