The energy level is through the roof in our house as we've welcomed Saki and Mai to join our family for the next week! Saki and Mai and both 9 years old and come straight from Japan to be immersed in Canadian culture for a week. They go to school M-F during the day to learn English and hang out with us the rest of the time to learn about Canadian culture! Right now they speak almost NO English - lots of smiles, nods and sign language going on here. But the best thing is that no matter where you're from KIDS ARE KIDS ... George and I have been grinning non-stop since they came as we watch our kids welcome them with open arms - they've been jumping on the trampoline, riding bikes and scooters, jumping rope, playing with toys, doing puzzles, and generally laughing a LOT!
I'm sure that there will be more tales to tell as the adventure continues!
2 comments:
Robin! That is so awesome! I want to hear all about it. I'd love to do that (as soon as we're in a house). Post more about your week when you can!
Thank you.
Our gratitude for having welcomed my daughter.
Daughter's photograph was such early and it was moved deeply it was possible to see.
It is actually felt that the Internet is wonderful.
In the summer spent with the of Saylor's family, it became the one that was not the replacing
for the daughter.
Post a Comment