Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Bad Blogger ... Bad, Bad Blogger

I am so sorry that I've been such a bad, bad blogger.
Truth is, I've started a post or two, left them as drafts and then abandonded those thoughts.

So, here's the latest from the world of Saylors:

BACK-IN-THE-SADDLE
Check it out ... after 8 years of babies tagging along I've taken the kid seat off the back of my mountain bike. I'm "back in the saddle"! And what a gorgeous fall we are having. Great time to be mountain biking again.



SCHOOL: AT HOME and AROUND TOWN

Here's what we're up to.

Field trips: TRY Recycling Plant, Parks, Children's Museum, Bee Farm, Robert Munsch, Toronto Science Centre etc.

Extra-curricular: Eden - Suzuki Piano, swimming, Tap and Ballet, Brownies; Karis - Gymnastics, swimming, Sparks; Justin - first swimming class (I'm afraid he might fail!)

What we're learning: Nomads and Ancient Egypt, Acts of Nature (ie storms, earthquakes), Joshua and Judges - and of course the three R's

Just for FUN: still into spying, forts, trampolines, and lately Bumpa made us some stilts so we're into Circus acts!





HEALTH UPDATE

For a few weeks here we've been anxiously watching a little lump on Karis' neck - looking for signs of change and waiting for test results. And, we are so thankful to report that it looks like the lump is getting smaller and the blood work came back without anything to worry about. The doctor is going to keep an eye on it until it is completely gone, but he seems to think that all is OK! Phwew! We do ask that you keep Karis in your prayers though as she has been suffering from migrain headaches for the past 9 months - about one every 6 weeks.



CONNECTIONS NEWS

We just had our third preview service and all I can say is that God is doing more than we could ever ask or imagine! Keep up with all the news by clicking on the Connections web site: http://www.connectionschurch.ca/.



STILL CLICKING and CROPPING

I'm happy to say that for my own sanity I continue to have hobbies like photography and scrapbooking. I actually got away for a whole day of cropping last week ... just what I needed in the midst of the craziness of home school and church! Here are a couple of my favorite shots.



I promise - no more blog-slackin'; no more long boring update blogs like this.

I blog because I love to write. I blog because I love to reflect. I blog because I like to share. I blog because it connects me to you.

2 comments:

The Grammarian said...

The long-awaited updates are always worth it with lots of visual aids to boot. The snap of Justin is priceless. He could sell me a few tires I didn't need...

I should spend more time on Joshua/Judges myself.

chrissie k said...

I just need you to know, that I long to be back on my bike. My bike. The thing I bought about 6 months before I got pregnant with Isaac. I enjoyed a brief and intimate relationship with that bike and truly fell in love w/ mtn biking in gorgeous Gordon Woods. Ugh. Thank you for enjoying it for me. I think I need to confess my jealousy.

I love you! So fun to get these snapshots of your life.

Me and G

Me and G