Before the day
Before the light
Before the world revolved around the sun
God on high stepped down into time
And wrote the story of His love for everyone
He has filled our hearts with wonder
So that we always remember
You and I were made to worship
You and I are called to love
You and I are forgiven and free
You and I embrace surrender
You and I choose to believe
You and I will see who we were meant to be
All we are and all we have
Is all a gift from God that we receive
Brought to life we open up our eyes
To see the majesty and glory of the King
He has filled our hearts with wonder
So that we always remember
And even the rocks cry out
And even the Heavens shout
At the sound of His holy name
So let every voice sing out
And let every knee bow down
He is worthy of all our praise
Seriously ... turn up your volume and listen.
For the past two days I've had this song "stuck in my head" - I go to bed singing it and wake up in the middle of the night singing it. You can "blame" Nate and the band - we sang it this past Sunday during our second "preview service" and it totally hit me. This is what we are all about. This is why we are starting Connections Community Church. This is why we are passionate about connecting with God.
We're made to worship ... we're called to love ... we're forgiven ... we're free ... we surrender ... we believe. And through it all we see who we are meant to be.
I can hear it, you're about to say "Preach It Sister!"
And I guess I've nothing to do but "Preach It" (... hey, even the rocks preach it!). I hope you take a minute to listen to the words of this song written by Chris Tomlin. Take it to heart ... get the song "stuck in your head". Let your heart be "filled with wonder" ... connect with God ...
No comments:
Post a Comment