Monday, January 7, 2008

Left-overs

 

I have a peculiar love-hate relationship with left-overs.
I hate to see food wasted.
I love to cook.
I am creative.
So when a few dozen eggs, a bag of milk, a couple of loaves of bread, a few cups of chopped ham and container of sauteed vegetables were left over from our "Launch Lunch" (which by the way was an awesome event - thanks be to God!) I couldn't help but say that I'd take the left-overs home and come up with something to do with them.

A quick trip to www.allrecipes.com and I was ready to cook.
Two hours later I had 4 large and 2 medium egg/ham casseroles and 2 baked french toast dishes. My freezer is stuffed.
Now we'll have to have another party just to deal with the left-overs!

Individually they just seemed like a bunch of left-overs, but put them together with a little bit of time, a cool website and some creativity we can feed the masses! I could "wax eloquence" about how this relates to lifeand people, but you're smart, you get the point. It's all about perspective and seeing potential.

I kinda think left-overs are beautiful.

On the other hand - I absolutely detest left-overs of left-overs. This part does not relate to life. I just don't like to deal with left-overs of left-overs.

p.s. So, what is it: left-overs, left overs or leftovers? I couldn't quite decide.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

The Passionate Housewife said...

I'll have to check out allrecipes.com
Sounds like a neat website. You love to cook too! Okay, so we both have cute husbands, have crazy children's birthday parties, and love cooking, why... we are practically twins. You just need a couple more kids!

Anonymous said...

It's either "left overs" or "leftovers", dictionary.com can't decide either (same definition used for both), it is not, however, "left-overs" (a search on that one came up empty). So, there you have it!

~HJF

Me and G

Me and G