Happy New Year!
As the clock struck midnight I was struck with the truth that not only is it now 2008 but also that my "baby" is now 8 years old! They (who ever that illusive "they" is) were right when "they" say that TIME FLIES.
If you had pulled me aside between contractions on Jan 1, 2000 and told me that 8 years from then I would be living in Ontario, home schooling, and starting a church with CRC Home Missions - I would have sent you back to the planet that you obviously came from. But, God has a way of preparing us for things we never dreamed we could or would do. So, here we are in Ontario, home schooling, and ready to launch (this Sunday!) Connections Community Church.
Which brings me to my thoughts on "resolutions". If God promises to do "more than we can ask or imagine" then my resolutions must start with "seeking first HIS kingdom". So, before I make a long list of resolutions for weight loss, exercise and scrapbooking, I resolve to seek God. I praise God that by His leading, His preparing and His empowering I can home school, be a part of planting a church, and can somehow endure "On-terrible" (I mean, Ontario!).
And as far as resolutions KEPT - I celebrate that this month marks one year of blogging for me and thereby marks a resolution kept!
1 comment:
Thats right "Time Flies" when your having fun! I feel the same shock everytime one of my children has a birthday.
Sounds like its been an amazing journey the last few years...always tends to be when we are seeking HIS kingdom first. I finally have had a chance to read more than your top two posts. The first time I came, my girls were so mesmerized by your slide show that we spent 20 mins just watching that! Now I see there are more pixs for them to come see! Vienna keeps bugging me about when we are going to get together. I'll facebook you tonight.
Post a Comment