I've once again become obsessed with redecorating and renovating my house (maybe I need to get out more!). So you'll understand my shock when I wandered down to the basement and saw a large spot on the "somewhat" newly painted wall. Was it a large chip in paint, marker, kids paint, or the start of some defect in the paint?
My panic lasted only long enough to conjecture all the possible problems. I looked up and to my surprise, through the very small, well of a window the SUN was SHINING! My normally dark, dark basement had a streak of sunlight shining in resulting in a small light spot on the wall.
I smiled. So much for worrying.
You have to understand. Typically by this time in London we would have had around 57 hours of sunshine. I heard on the news this morning that to date we have had only 22 hours of sun. Close to the gloomiest January on record.
#1. The sun was shining.
#2. The sun was at the perfect angle to shine through the tiny window.
#3. I was in the basement and I saw the sun!
This may not seem significant at first glance. But it got me thinking about how God surprises us sometimes. How just when we think things are the gloomiest. Just when we think that we're in a place where the sun can't possibly shine. Just when we're at a time when it's statistically improbable that the sun would shine. God surprises us. He comes into our darkness and reminds us that He is the light of the world.
It was just a little bit of light. It was just for a few minutes. But it gave me hope.
The little window.
"LOVE" is always in the window - not set-up for the picture! The orange paint - well, we needed to brighten things up a little!
2 comments:
Love...Love the color Robin! I have had one of those panic attacks as well... unfortunately mine didn't turn out as pleasantly as yours did!
I love LOVE LOVE your blog Robin. You make me smile regularly! Thanks for the pick-me up.
Post a Comment