It's started already.
Last week Eden came in from playing with the neighbor kids.
She non-chalantly mentioned that one of the boys had tried to kiss her on the lips.
I tried so hard not to act surprised or make a big deal of it. My only comment was, "Really?".
"Yep," she said, "He loves three girls, but he only wants to marry one girl. Me. Eden Saylor."
"Wow," I reply (without any emotion). "What did you say?"
"I told him we should wait until we're older and then talk about it."
I am so proud of her. She seems to have a wise way with the boys already. She didn't let him kiss her. She didn't crush him in her refusal. She realizes the wisdom in waiting until their older (a LOT older I hope!).
I have to admit that the thought of raising boys and girls through the whole teen/young adult dating period scares me. I'll need wisdom. I'll need grace. I'll need patience. For now, we're trying to set a good foundation. And we're thankful that they are proving to be confident, wise young girls who know that their value is not in a kiss or in the love of a boy.
Pray for us - this is only the beginning!
PS Ask the girls who they're taking to prom - they'll reply, "Daddy!"
1 comment:
wow..good girl Eden!!
Post a Comment