
We woke up this morning to "Winter Storm Warnings" ... "Weather Alerts" ... and "Freezing Rain Advisories".
I remember as a kid waiting by the radio for the words "Pacific Christian School - CLOSED". A yelp, a skip, a celebratory dance, and we were off to play outside!
Here's the irony of today. The public schools had the day off (PD Day). The homeschoolers had HIGH Day (weekly co-op). So when school was CLOSED for the day the public kids groaned ("waste of a PD Day") and the homeschoolers groaned (HIGH Day is a highly anticipated social event).
I sense a recurring theme here in my blog posts - PERSPECTIVE; but I guess it's all about perspective isn't it.
Here's the joy of today. Although plans for HIGH Day, birthday parties & sleep overs were changed, we all had an awesome day. I pulled out my scrapbook stuff and spread it all over the school room. Eden had a sleep over with a girl from the neighborhood. Karis played with Hannah. And Justin ... well, Justin tagged along! Not what we planned, but a great day none-the-less.
No comments:
Post a Comment