Monday, April 7, 2008

Lessons Learned


We have our good days and our bad days when it comes to homeschooling.
We have our moments when quite literally pat ourselves on the back ('cause noone else will you know!) and we have our moments when we shudder.
We learn lessons the hard way and we learn lessons the easy way.

In the past few weeks:
1) Justin wrote his name all by himself for the first time! Yeah Justin!
2) Karis wrote a story all by herself! Yeah Karis! Karis' story was about a princess who lived in a castle. She proudly explained that she knew that the word "castle" ended with a "big L sound" so she put two "Rs" in it. Yah, it took me a minute to get it too - "castle" spelled "C-A-S-R-R". It was a cute story - the princesses cat jumped the fence and landed in the neighbor's yard.
3) Justin proclaimed that he knew how to spell "Robin Saylor". Really? Yep - it's spelled "M-O-M". He wasn't joking.
4) We got home from Florida and I overheard Eden demanding a dollar from Karis. I questioned the reason for this exchange. Eden explained that while laying by the pool in Florida she had offered to scratch and rub lotion on Karis' back for 25cents. Apparently Karis agreed to this and Eden provided her services 4 times during our vacation. I think that Eden learned an important business lesson about who to give credit to and who to demand cash upfront from. Lesson learned - don't offer credit to Karis, she's not good for it!

Everyday there's a lesson to be learned. It's not always the lesson I plan - but if we have eyes to see, there's a lesson lurking behind every turn. I pray that I am teachable.

No comments:

Me and G

Me and G