My oh so sweet husband joked in church this morning about the fact that we just celebrated 11 years of marriage - 7 years of wedded bliss. I hope everyone knows how much he is joking - for the most part it truly has been 11 years of bliss!
Just in case they don't know what mushy, sentimental, romantic he really is - I am quoting here a little poem/letter he wrote to me for our anniversary (with his permission of course!).
** warning -maybe a little 'suggestive' at times - it's ok, we're married!! **
4 Robin My "11"
I love the number 11, and I will tell you why ...
11 is symmetrical and symmetry is a quality of health and beauty in nature.
11 is parallel, and that's just cool.
11 is synergistic, two individual numbers, equal in value, when put together, become exponentially more.
11 is reflective, the two mirror each other.
11 is biblical, there were 11 good disciples.
11 is erotic, it is a vertical expression of a horizontal desire.
But most of all, I love the number 11 because it's the number of years I've been married to you - the most beautiful, wonderful, adventure filled, action-packed, faith-building, fruitful, frenzied, fantastic, fabulous, fun 11 years of my life. I wouldn't give them up for anything, but I'd give everything for 11, 22 or 44 more to be with you.
Over the years he's written lots of poems. This one I can share. I'm happy to share how in love I am with this man. And I'm glad to say he loves me back! He can joke all he wants - he can try to be the "bad boy" - he can attempt to be coy. But I know (and now we all know) that under that flesh colored foil he's filled with milk chocolate. (If that makes no sense to you - don't worry, it's a reference to our wedding reception - you had to be there!)
Just in case they don't know what mushy, sentimental, romantic he really is - I am quoting here a little poem/letter he wrote to me for our anniversary (with his permission of course!).
** warning -maybe a little 'suggestive' at times - it's ok, we're married!! **
4 Robin My "11"
I love the number 11, and I will tell you why ...
11 is symmetrical and symmetry is a quality of health and beauty in nature.
11 is parallel, and that's just cool.
11 is synergistic, two individual numbers, equal in value, when put together, become exponentially more.
11 is reflective, the two mirror each other.
11 is biblical, there were 11 good disciples.
11 is erotic, it is a vertical expression of a horizontal desire.
But most of all, I love the number 11 because it's the number of years I've been married to you - the most beautiful, wonderful, adventure filled, action-packed, faith-building, fruitful, frenzied, fantastic, fabulous, fun 11 years of my life. I wouldn't give them up for anything, but I'd give everything for 11, 22 or 44 more to be with you.
Over the years he's written lots of poems. This one I can share. I'm happy to share how in love I am with this man. And I'm glad to say he loves me back! He can joke all he wants - he can try to be the "bad boy" - he can attempt to be coy. But I know (and now we all know) that under that flesh colored foil he's filled with milk chocolate. (If that makes no sense to you - don't worry, it's a reference to our wedding reception - you had to be there!)
6 comments:
Happy Anniversary to George and Robin. Please share a wedding picture with us!!!
Happy Anniversary! I hope you guys had a great weekend - just a reminder that you still have to use the 'gift' we gave you a few months back....perhaps to further the 7 years of wedded bliss;)
Wow! Congrats! That is so awesome! May there be many many more happy anniversaries for you! Cheers!
Congrats Robin!
I love anniversarys...so much fun!!
Tell that hubby of yours how much Wendy and I appreciated him filling in for us...saved our butts!
psst! Robin, I snuck back online to see if you posted a pic. It's adorable. It's so you guys. And just for the record, you have not aged a single day!!!!
hey happy happy anniversary :)
Post a Comment