Wednesday, July 23, 2008

My Little Buddy

















Sometimes you don't get what you want but you get what you need.
Sometimes you don't realize that what you want is not really what you need.
Sometimes you don't appreciate how good you've really got it.
The girls are at day camp all week - 9am until 4pm! That's a HUGE deal. Think of ALL the things I could get done during that time. The lessons for next year could be planned. The house could be cleaned. I could get caught up with my scrapbooking (not really!).
There's a problem though (or at least what I perceived to be a problem) - he's blond, he's four, he's full of P&V, he's used to having siblings arounds, and he's home with me, alone, all week.
I tried to pawn him off on people.
I thought of putting him in day care.
My parents are out of town, so that's not an option.
See my problem. How was I ever going to get all those "things" done?
I thought I knew what I wanted and what I needed.
Little did I realize that what I needed was a good dose of Justin. I needed a week to spend with my "little buddy". I needed time with just me and him. We're cleaning together, reading together, playing piano together, biking to McDonalds for lunch together, setting up trains, painting murals.
Little by little I'm getting stuff done. But really, who cares about all that stuff - I've got it good, and this week I'm taking time to appreciate how good I've really got it.
Gotta go get the girls from camp now - I hope they've missed me!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Me and G

Me and G