Saturday, August 23, 2008

Cook for a Day ...

... eat for a month.
Kristin and I cooked and cooked and cooked, and then cleaned. And at the end of the day we came away with a freezer full of ready made meals.

At this time of year I tend to get into "Ma Ingles" mode (Little House on the Prarie) and start freezing and canning like a mad woman. George reminds me that we are not pioneers and that the Superstore is 3 minutes away, but I don't listen. It's my squirrel like instincts that drive me to store up the best of the summer produce and save it for a snowy day. It's my OCD that pushes me to be as prepared as I can be for the coming school year. It's me knowing "me" and knowing that the "witching hour" (4 - 5pm) is usually mom in a bad mood and not kids in a bad mood.

So I slept well last night. And we'll eat well this month.

There is actually a Bible first that fits with this post: Proverbs 30:25 "Ants are creatures of little strength, yet they store up their food for the summer". Good verse, but I'm not sure that I want to be compared to a creature of little strength.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Robin. You'll have to share some of your tips and recipes. I'd love to hear more!

Anonymous said...

Nicely done!

Me and G

Me and G