Sunday, September 21, 2008

Can't Sleep

It's 4:00am.
I'm up.
I shouldn't be.
I should be snoozing right next to my sweety.
I'm not.
More often than not this is the case.
One night I did my nightly check on the kids at 11pm and I found Eden still awake. She peeked up at me and said, "I wish I could take my brain out my head, lay it on my pillow so that I could stop thinking, and then I could fall asleep."
That's how I feel. My mind buzzes at night. I need it to stop.
I will go to bed now. Maybe I'll stop in the kitchen for a warm glass of milk.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Robin, just home from the ER, what are you doing up at 4am! We'd like to visit London someday, hope to reunite sometime soon!

Anonymous said...

I've been there! Often! And I agree with your daughter, I too wish I could remove my brain to go to bed sometimes :)

Me and G

Me and G