Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Lost Blogs


Here it is:
The LOST BLOGS - things I planned to blog about, took the pictures for, but never got around to writing and posting. I seem to have more ideas for blog posts than I do time to write.

Lost Blog #1
AWANA - the kids started attending AWANA at a church in our neighborhood. I was a little reluctant at first, but when after the first day all three talked non-stop the whole ride home, we decided it must be a good thing. Basically AWANA is a bible memory club. Even though it sounds dorky (not that I think that bible memory is dorky -don't mistake me!) - it is amazing. True sign of it's effectiveness - Justin memorized his verse and came home with his vest (for badges) and wore the vest almost every day last week! Yeah, dorky vest - but somehow they make it ubber-cool! I love it!.

Lost Blog #2
HOCKEY - it must be in the air. The kids are all about street hockey. "Game on!!"

Lost Blog #3
If I didn't know better I'd think my middle child was somehow related to Cindy Lauper or Pink. She stepped straight out of the 80's! (See the picture below - pink hair with the paint brush).

Lost Blog #4
What happened to my oldest daughter?? For some reason I don't have any good recent pictures. I'll see what I can do about that. Funny story though - her band "the Diva Girls" was having a meeting on Sunday. Karis came up from the basement looking a little disgusted. I asked her, "What's the matter?" She said, "Oh, that meeting is going on forever. Now she's talking about the budget. It's never going to be over!" I wish I was a fly on the wall at that meeting ... Eden discussing the budget and future plans of the Diva Girls while the others in the band just wanted to "rock on"!! Eden did explain that the band was never going to become famous if they only focused on being popular; you have to plan, write songs and make a budget too. That's my girl!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Emma has been in AWANA for 3 years. It is tough because she does choir at 1st Pres and gets to AWANA late, but she has learned so much. She is a freshman this year and these verses really ground her. Good luck It is a great program. Love ya

Me and G

Me and G