Rewind the clock two months to August.
It's 8:30am.
Curiously I respond, "12 hours. Why, are you tired?"
"Nope. I just can't wait to wake up tomorrow and see if snowed."
That's my (husband's) boy! Eager to ski. Who knew that ski-fever was genetic?
Fast forward to today, October 29.
It's 8:30am. Justin is awake. We hear a little squeal from his bedroom. "It snowed!"
Followed by, "Good thing we took in the tomatoes, right mom." And "Oh no, will we have to trick or treat in the snow?"
Before breakfast was on the table he had snow pants on and was searching for boots (which I had yet to take out of storage!).
I wish I could say that I share in his exuberance. But the snow on the red leaves seems to be somewhat oxymoronic (or maybe just moronic?). Yet, I vow to fully embrace Canadian winters. I challenge myself to not complain. I look forward to chocolate chip cookies (in the oven now!) and hot chocolate while we read many-many novels by the fireplace. I am excited to resume ski lessons for the kids. I have more art and craft ideas than I can count. And I can honestly say that I like the change of seasons; it provides a sense of rhythm to the year that helps me to slow down.
They say that warmer weather is on the way. The snow will melt. I guess we won't have a white Halloween. So today we will finish school and attempt to make snow-ghosts and pump-loos. The day isn't over. I'll probably post more photos later.
Beep. Cookies are ready. Gotta run!

No comments:
Post a Comment