NOTE: My apologies to my friends anywhere north of the Carolinas. I in no way intend to boast nor do I desire to lead you to break the 10th (you know, the one about coveting).
Here's the 411 on our week so far. By the supper today the kids were officially prunes from swimming for 3 hours straight, I had read John Grisham's book "Skipping Christmas", and George had listened to the sermon that Ron preached this morning at Connections (iTunes rocks!!) while running on the beach. Our attempts at Pool-school (our version of Home-school) have been met with limited success. BUT, we did pet a very large turtle in the wild, walk through the Mangroves at low-tide, watch a Osprey (I think?) build a nest, and catch a glimpse of an Alligator resting by the creek.
I here-by declare the most boring job in the world to be Weather Forecaster in Naples in the winter (I specify winter because hurricane season could get exciting). The big weather news here is that a cold front is coming through tomorrow - they're looking at a high of 70! I swear the forecaster almost giggled when she used the word cold front. The good news is that it's back up to 80 for Tuesday. For those of you who saw my video of SNOW IN NAPLES on Facebook - it's fake. Believe it or not they have these fake snow machines hooked up to the light posts downtown and once a week they blow snow to make it feel like a winter wonderland!! The only real damage that the weather does around here is on my hair. My nicely coiffed straight hair looks hopelessly like an over grown Chia Pet - ain't no chi iron ever going to straighten these curls down here!
Signing off from sunny Florida - loving our holiday (holy-day) - already thinking of all the things I want to do when I get home!
2 comments:
Glad you are having a wonderful time with your family Robin!
Hope you have a blessed, restful Holy Christmas!
Luv,sherxo
As usual, absolutely lovely photos Robin, but none of you! Looks like you are all having a great time. Enjoy the lovely weather as you know, you are in for a little opposite when you return here to London. I guess two completely variations of Christmas, in terms of it's colour, is always interesting (great scrapbooking page)!
Looking forward to seeing you guys home soon. Safe travels my friend.
Post a Comment