Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Working at Play



Yesterday was officially our day of decompression. We left London a little frazzled - parties, sleep-overs and church kept us running until 10pm the night before we left. We needed a day to adjust to vacation mode. I slept. George read. The kids swam.

But for Eden it took a little bit - she sat by the pool, pen and paper in hand. She was attempting to write her "list of things to do" - but she was stuck. What else is there besides swim, eat and walk on the beach?

Here is her list (no edits):
1. Breakfast
2. Walk on the beach
3. Swim and suntan
4. Spy on everybody
5. Snack
6. Swim and suntan
7. Draw
8. Lunch
9. Swim
10. Suntan
11. Beach
12. Do something with Nana
13. Walk in condo
14. Supper
15. Bed
THE END

That was yesterday. Today - there were no lists. Today we worked hard at play.
It takes time to decompress. It takes time to adjust. It makes me wonder if maybe in my day-to-day life I should find a better balance between the two. Lessen the decompression time. Learn to relax a little more.
On a side note, I'm finally reading my book club book from last month, Three Cups of Tea. I highly recommend it - inspiring, challenging, informative - a real life story. I've got a lot to learn.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the pics. They look sooo happy! Hope you are having an awesome time! We're apparently in for "snow-mageddon" here!! (don't even ask, that's what the news are calling it! lol)

Me and G

Me and G