But I have three kids who expect a little learnin'.
As we gathered on the couch to read this afternoon I would barely read three words before the tears welled up again. After the third or fourth time this happened Eden said, "Do you want me to do the reading today mom?" I am so thankful for her. She did all of the reading for literature and history (the picture is NOT posed).
Although all of us have been treading on pins and needles all day, crying unexpectedly and acting out, the kids have tried so hard to be empathetic and kind. They have prayed beautiful prayers for Yana; they've asked very good questions; and after an uncontrollable tempertantrum Justin tearfully said, "I never got to hold Yana." I guess we all express our fear, sorrow and stress in different ways. "You will get to hold her." I promised Justin. "You will." She is out of surgery. The doctors say that her heart looks good but that the next 24 hours are critical.
For now my eyes are red and my nose is rubbed raw. The kids are getting ready to play outside. And I think I'll try for that much needed nap.

5 comments:
oh robin...i am so sorry to hear all of your hearts are hurting so much.
we are praying here too for little Yana.
much love and blessings xoxox
luv,sher
I wish i was able to give YOU a big hug...you've been MY shoulder so much lately!
Trust in God, she will be fine, she will be better!
(((hugs)))
C
Hi, I just checked into the fishbowl since Christmas and found out the news. We're praying for all of you!
Brenda and Brian Joyce
much prayers coming your way and of course to yana
Hang in there, I'm praying for you and your whole family.
Post a Comment