Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Name That Can

The name of the game: Name That Can
The object of the game: tell me what you think is in this can
The reason: well ....

... I think I mentioned my issues with laundry in a previous post, and I promise you that this has nothing to do with panties or shrinking (or shrinking panties for that matter). But, it is yet another serious screw-up with laundry. After a day of cooking I decided to to a load of yucky dish towels on hot water. Toss in the towels. Toss in the detergent. Turn the knobs. It's all good. Or at least it was all good until George came along to switch the wash to the dryer and discover THIS (the afore mentioned can!) in the washer, with the towels, nicely washed on high heat water (ie cooked!).

Seriously, it's a good thing I'm good in the kitchen because otherwise he might begin to question his decision to marry me!

Using the detective skills I acquired while reading Encyclopedia Brown I deduced that the can must have fallen out of the cupboard above the washer prior to my tossing in the towels. What I have not been been able to deduce is what the contents of the can are. This is where you come in. I'm holding my first (and maybe last) blog contest. If you can correctly guess the contents of the can I will prove to you my skills in the kitchen by cooking you a dish with contents of the can. If you are far away then I'll send you a recipe and photo of the dish I create - a rip off I know, but hey Canada post might question a hot meal in the mail.

Here are your hints: it's short and fat, there are no words on it, and I found no remnants of the label. In other words, until I open it not even I know the contents.

Show me that you know how to comment and give me your guesses. If you comment as anonymous be sure to let me know who you are in the message. If you don't know how to comment send me an email. We've had far too many serious things in our life this week - time to lighten up and have some fun!

10 comments:

George Saylor said...

Some kind of corn product- preferably creamed.

-H said...

You are hilarious!

Its corn

Anonymous said...

Yup, i was going with the corn product too, and hopefully it's PC Blue Menu corn!, but it's NOT creamed because they only seem to put creamed corn in tall skinny cans.

Donna said...

My guess is baked beans. :)

Meghan said...

Corn - not creamed b/c I don't like creamed corn!

jules said...

ya i agree.. my guess is CORN!!

Heather F. said...

I sat with this all day, and my gut this morning said it was corn too, but it could be another canned vegetable, perhaps beans or peas. See, I don't know your cooking habits so therefore don't know if you use canned vegetables (I don't). Looking at my selection of cans I'm thinking it could also be mandarin oranges or some other kind of fruit. Waiting with bated breath to see what it is when you open it! Wondering if it's even edible after having been through the wash, in which case I'm hoping NOT to win the contest!

Mrs. CP said...

I'm going with tomato sauce.

Soph said...

Haha, I was initially going to say creamed corn too, but I'm sticking with chickpeas!

Anonymous said...

Hi Robin - I was going to guess corn, but there are way too many corn guesses - how about sweetened condensed milk :) Rachel (Zwart) Janecek

Me and G

Me and G