It was my birthday this past week - not a big one, but as Eden kindly reminded me it's only 738 days until I do hit the big one (40 that is!). I have to say that I'm good with growing older - I seem to like myself more with each passing year. I'm more comfortable in my own skin.
I like this stage in my life.
But I have to say that at this stage in life MY birthday really isn't too much about ME or about what I want. It's more about the kids learning how to show love and how to give gifts. It's awesome to see their joy as they give. And their gifts really are true to who they are - a reflection of the giver. Karis crafted a really cool pair of earings out of paperclips and leaf shaped confetti. Justin invented a hat that holds your pencils - a fashion statement AND practical! And Eden bought (with her own money) some perfume called "Love for EDEN" (for me and her to share!). And George - yep he's one of the kids - George bought me gold Steelers earings!
So no - it's not all about me, even on my birthday. But that's ok - I don't need stuff. What I do need is a family that loves me and that knows the joy of giving.

3 comments:
What awesome and thoughtful gifts. Happy Birthday, Robin!
And yes, we won't think about 700+ days away quite yet...
Justin's hat is brilliant! If only I had had that in university!! :)
i think you should wear those earrings and that hat to HIGHDAY!
Post a Comment