Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Tough Times Bringing Us Closer

As is often the case tough times can bring a family closer. I felt a special closeness with the family last week as we gathered to celebrate the life and mourn the death of our dear Gram. It's not how we would choose to spend a family reunion. But we gathered, we laughed, we cried, we remembered. We hung out in Gram and Pap's house and reminisced - can you believe that she lived in that same house from the day that she was born? Not many people can make that claim. And, as the kids said, "Gram's house it cool!" It's so retro it's hip! I love every bit of it.

These photos will always have attached to them the memory of why we gathered that day. But, it's evident that in the midst of the sadness of the day came a bonding that can sometimes only occur through loss.





OK - crazy shot here. I was ready to take a nice photo of the "boys" when Justin decided to put his superhero moves to the test and came flying off the chair as I clicked. What a boy!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Me and G

Me and G