Monday, March 16, 2009

Artists For A Day


It's Spring Break in Ontario and the sun is shining! Despite my best efforts to "do school" this week it seems that we've been tempted to play by sleepovers, maple sugar bushes, the great outdoors, a fresh snow at the ski hill, and art canvas waiting to be painted. Yep - today Eden left for a sleepover, Karis went with a neighbor to a Maple Syrup farm for pancakes, George went skiing at Blue Mountain and Justin and I pulled out the paint, glue and canvas.

We've been working through the Lord's Prayer - memorizing it, talking about it, and praying it for a few weeks. I think in pictures. It's how I learn; it's how I memorize. The painting I made today is a mnemonic of sorts designed for two purposes, 1) to remind us to pray as the Lord taught us to pray and 2) the blank space at the top is a place for us to stick sticky-notes with our prayer requests. Take a close look at the pictures at the bottom. This is what they represent: 1) our Father in heaven, holy is your name; 2) thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven; 3) give us this day our daily bread; 4) forgive us as we forgive others; 5) lead us not into temptation; 6) for thine is the kingdom, power and glory forever.

I'm still in my pj's - it's almost 6pm. What an absolutely wonderful day!

3 comments:

Soph said...

Robin, I'm so glad you finally got some art time!! I love your prayer canvas, what a cool idea!! :)

And I think you guys could use a nice Spring Break week, don't fight it! :)

P.S. I like your 9 in 09 book idea... I might take you up on it! :)
I have a few books I've been putting off :)

Mrs. Breum said...

really neat!

Anonymous said...

Loved the list. Tree Grows in Brooklyn is the best choice. Loved you painting.
Love you
Janey

Me and G

Me and G